What is CNC?
- Release on :2017-07-18
What is CNC?
CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control. What this means is that a computer is controlling the position of a cutting tool in 3D space. A CNC machine may have 3 or more axis (X/Y/Z) which just means the cutting tool can move in those dimensions under the control of the computer. The computer determines the position of the tool based on a tool path which is determined by a model of the part that the operator wants to cut.A CNC machine may be a small desktop unit that can be built for under $1,000 or it may be a large commercial machine that costs many hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The number of axis and the precision and speed of the machine will determine the cost and usefulness.
Why Needs a CNC?
1) Same part can be reproduced to the same degree of accuracy any number of times once the CNC program has been coded.
2) High speed, accuracy, efficiency, and reliability.
3) Reduction in machining times and good tool life monitoring.
4) Increase in production rate.
5) It decreases the human work. Easily produces complex shaped work pieces.
Advancements in CNC
1) Now, there is no need to code the program by us.The design software (Auto CAD, Pro E) can generate the code by them selves during designing phase only.
2) With increase in the automation, quality increased tremendously.(you can reach accuracy in microns easily)
ChinaCNCzone is a professional mini CNC machine supplier, its models Such as CNC 6040, CNC 6090,CNC 3040 and mini 5 axis CNC HY 3040 and HY 6040 are very hot sale, they are simple mini CNC machines and provide good choice for hobbyist and starter learners and midium productions lines also. If you are interested, you can kindly contact them for a quotation.